Selling your home is not easy. It takes time, energy, objectivity, expertise and a team of experts to help you! Luckily there are people who specialize in each step of the process like Real Estate Agents, Title Companies, Inspectors, Appraisers and Home Stagers. What is a Home Stager? A Home Stager is an expert at decorating and preparing a home to sell. What is Home Staging?
Home Staging is using limited funds, practical creativity and extraordinary expertise to professionally prepare a home to sell so that it becomes infinitely more attractive to potential buyers, sells quickly and for more money. In turn, home staging becomes an investment for the home seller through the greater home sale earnings that are realized.”
— Audra Slinkey, President of the Home Staging Resource
Selling a home is stressful. D&P were so organized and calm. They simplified the process and even made it fun. Highly recommended.”
Staging and Selling Your Home for Top Dollar
- Selling your home is a process and I can help you work through the most important elements of that process:
- I will advise on the Three Keys to Selling Your Home (see below)
- Understanding Buyers is the key to getting top dollar for your home. I will research demographics for the typical buyer in your area one room at a time.
- We will get buyers to “feel at home” in your home
- I will create a detailed plan for preparing your home to sell
If you are serious about selling your home, here are 3 ESSENTIAL KEY STEPS you must take into consideration to make your home stand out from the competition:
- Marketing Your Home on the Inside – Professional Home Staging
- Marketing Your Home to the Public – Online marketing, brochures, photos
- Pricing the House Right – Reviewing comparable homes in your area, getting a good agent, finessing your price
Disassociate and Prepare Your Home on the Inside (Home Staging)
Most home sellers are aware of the need to spruce up their home so that it sells, but often have no idea where to begin or how to prioritize the improvements. In fact, according to a recent poll of over 3,500 homes professionally staged, the average staging investment that is between 1 and 3 percent of the home’s asking price will generate a return of 8 to 10 percent in the sale price of the home! That means when a seller with a $300,000 home invests $3,000 in preparing it to sell, they will typically see a $24,000 return!
In today’s real estate market, it simply means you will be able to attract more buyers and sell your home quickly because it appeals to the broadest range of buyers.
After living in a home for more than 2 years, it is almost impossible for people to objectively view their space and their sentimental belongings from a buyer’s perspective. I help them prioritize and focus on spending their staging budget wisely.
Elements of the home that may have annoyed us originally, we no longer notice. Our homes become very personal, filled with belongings that create memories and emotions, so that objectively altering them to fit a buyer’s perspective becomes nearly impossible to do ourselves!
Patti is a good listener and has so many amazing resources. I couldn’t have done it without her.”
— C. McFarland
Keys to Ensure You Get Top Dollar for Your Home
Get Professional Guidance: Hire a professional Home Stager who is an expert at marketing and photographing the inside of a home, creating an emotional response from buyers to each space. Staging and decorating is what we do all day, so we know a bit about what looks great and appeals to buyers.
Have an Amazing Online Photo Presentation: Your online photo presentation is one of the keys to selling your home fast and for the best price! Click here for photo consult.
According to an NAR Survey of Profile of Buyers:
- 95% of homebuyers are online first looking at photos of the homes, before they decide to drive by and visit
- 84% of buyers reported the photos to be the most useful information
- The number one action taken after viewing a home online was to drive by or visit the home
- 1 photo = 5 views and 1.37 leads
- 21 or more photos = over 77 views and 11+ leads
Homes are purchased based on emotions
- We want buyers to think “This is it. This is the one!” We will use our eight-step, FEEL HOME process to depersonalize the space and create “emotional connection points” which actively engage a buyer’s mind to imagine how life could be in your house for their family.
- Like most first impressions, buyers will be looking to reinforce their opinion throughout the rest of the home. We’ll make those first impressions positive in every room!
Buyers will view your personal things, impersonally
- If you can’t see objectively, you can’t market effectively. We’ll put on “Buyer’s Eyes” in each room of your house, so that you can see how to market your home every day of the process.
“When I saw the MLS photos David took, I was so impressed. My listing stood out above the rest. Thank you!”
— L. Lewis
Call today, so we can get started on helping you make the most of your biggest investment, your home!